Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Goodbye VESPUCIO.....Hello?

May 6, 2013

Hey All!!!!

TRANSFERS!! It was pretty dang sad, but I got transferred out of Vespusio and now I'm in....

EL SALTO and the Zone is INDEPENDENCIA. President Essig called me Saturday night and said that he wanted to make me a Zone Leader. Even more service and responsibility comin my way!


Elder Jenson's new companion Elder Rodriguez is from Argentina and has been on his mission 13 months.

I'm here in El Salto with my new companion Elder Rodriguez who's from Argentina. He's been in the mission for a little over a year. We are in a companionship as Zone Leaders together so we're pretty stoked to get goin in our sector even thou there is literally NOTHING here. There's 5 people on the mission board of investigators, nothings mapped out and we don't even have an area book! Looks like Elder Rodriguez and I have to pull this sector out of the dumps just like Elder Cambroni and I had to do in Vespucio. I literally know NOTHING about my sector. Elder Rodriguex and I are two new missionaries who are starting from scratch. I was hopin to catch a break this change and actually move to a sector that is doing some good things, but that was not the case. Elder Rodriguez and I are going to make it happen! I'm going to need LOTS of prayers this week as Elder Rodriguez and I embark on our journey to SUCCESS this change!!!! It doesn't matter where I am or how poorly the sector is left, with the Lord's help, anything is possible!!

So this week was one of the most incredible weeks of my entire mission!! SERGIO AND DANITZA GOT MARRIED!!!!


Sergio and Danitza right before the wedding ceremony May 4, 2013 in Vespucio
 
 
Sergio and Danitza's wedding was one of the coolest experiences ever! Elder Cambroni and I arrived at our church at 6pm. There were relatives from both sides there as well. The wedding ceremony lasted about 15 minutes (I recorded everything) and then they had a reception of sweet food that Elder Cambroni and I couldn't partake of since we were fasting....that was hard. The only thing that counts and is important is that Sergio and Danitza got married!
 
 
 
Elder Jenson, Danitza, baby Matias and Sergio at the wedding reception on May 4, 2013 in Vespucio
 
 
 Actually, Sergio didn't get baptized because his mom stayed in their house for the weekend after the marriage and Sergio didn't want to leave her alone in the house to go and get baptized. Elder Cambroni and I tried to convince him to get baptized on Sunday and invite his mom to come, but he said she would say no and was a little scared. As much as we tried, it didn't happen. This week though, for sure, Sergio will be baptized. I already asked for permission to leave my new sector and go back and see the baptism but President Essig didn't give me permission.......
 
Susana as well is progressing so fast!!!! Elder Cambroni and I taught her so much this past week. Susana has an incredible desire to be baptized that is talked about in 3 Nephi 11:23- Verily I say unto you, that whoso repenteth of his sins through your words, and desireth to be baptized in my name, on this wise shall ye baptize them-Behold, ye shall go down and stand in the water, and in my name shall ye baptize them. Susana has said that she's been searching and searching for a church and didn't know where to turn. She would say that there are so many churches in Chile, like one on every corner it seems like, so she was just lost as she puts it. Susana said that when we knocked on her door (it was actually her neighbors door), she wanted to just see what Elder Cambroni and I had to say (our message) to everyone and in the end felt the spirit so strong. Love it!!!! On Sunday Elder Cambroni and I had our testimony meeting. This was Susana's second time ever to church. All of a sudden Susana stands up and walks to the pulpit!!!!! I was like uhhhhhh I don't even know if Susana could do that! Then Susana starts talking and the first thing she says is, "I want to thank the missionaries for knocking on my door. I didn't even know that this church existed!" Susana then started to cry pretty hard and said, "I know that this is the true church! Thank you so much! In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." That was one of the most powerful testimonies I've ever seen and heard. I've never heard of that before...an investigator getting up and saying that this is the true church....BUENICIMO!!! After Susana bore her testimony, Sergio and Danitza both went up to the pulpit and bore their testimonies. They shared their experiences that we had together feeling the spirit in our lessons and saying that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. Both Sergio and Danitza shared their experience of being married as well. Then, Sergio said that it was like losing a brother with Elder Jenson leaving Vescpucio. Sergio said so many nice things about me which was really cool for me to hear. I then got up and bore my testimony in tears the whole time. Pretty powerful testimony meeting for me. Both Sergio and Susana will be baptized this coming Sunday, May 12th. I'm so excited for the both of them!!!
 
Highlights/Thoughts of the week:
 
*There are 18 missionaries in my Zone Independencia.
 
* I'm excited to talk to the family this next Sunday!
 
*Elder Rodriguez and I got to El Salto by taxi. El Salto is pretty close to the mission office. The ride cost us 10 bucks.
 
*I live in a department building with two other missionaries: Elder Shelley and Elder Xavier
 
 
Elder Shelley has been in the CSN mission for 13 months
 
 

 
Elder Xavier has been in the CSN mission for 9 months
 

*I'm actually REALLY close to Vespucio. Probably a 10 minute bus ride. Maybe I'll see someone from the ward one day??????
 
*Love the family letters :)
 
I just wanted to end my letter by saying a few things to Tay since he's about to make a huge decision in his life right now about his college and where he will be for the next little while in his life. If there's one thing that I've learned on my mission, it's that our Heavenly Father loves us. He is always willing to help us with our life changing decisions. We are His children. Study it out in your mind, because as the scriptures say in Doctrine and Covenants "un siervo compelido en todas las cosas es un siervo perezoso" (a servant compelled in all things is a lazy servant). Take it to the Lord, make it your first priority to know what to do and then express your gratitude to Him for ALL that He has given you. Then, ask Him that question with what college to attend. Stay there on your knees thinking about what to do and weighing the options and He WILL make it known to you. I hope you have success in the process. Make sure you make the right choice. Don't stay in doubt!! I'm proud of you and all that you've accomplished. It's truly amazing! Love you buddy!!!!
 
Well, that's it for the week. I hope you all have a great week. I'll be workin my tail off here in EL SALTO!!!!!
 
Love,
 
Tan
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment