Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Obedience and Hard Work Brings Opportunities in El Salto

July 1, 2013

Hey Everyone!

My companions and I had a pretty good week here in El Salto. It's fun for me to see how much this sector has been lifted up since I arrived here. I remember just wondering on that first day how we were going to face such a challenge starting again with nothing. Since we've been obedient and worked our tails off, the Lord has put people in our way to be able teach and baptize.

logros (achievements)

bautismos  0

confirmaciones  0

inv con fecha  12

inv que asisten a la reunion sac  3

lecciones con miembro  17

otras lecciones  6

inv que estan progresando  3

ref recibidas  6

ref contactadas  7

nuevos inv  5

lecciones a cr ma 14

contactos  36


It was tough to get our investigators to church this week because everyone, including members, went to vote for the primary yesterday. The attendance was super low. By the end of the year, Chile will have a new President. Basically all of our investigators committed themselves to come to church this coming Sunday sooooo we should have a sick week in church with tons of investigators progressing. My companions and I have tons of people who are preparing to be baptized this month (July) and we're super stoked. 10 of 12 investigators that have a baptismal date have their goal for the 28th of July (though some of them will get pushed back to August if they don't start kickin it in gear). My companions and I are going to keep truckin along, helping them out every step of the way. We found out some difficulties some of our investigators are having in their lives this week. We have been there to give advice, listen and share our testimonies. Please pray for our investigators.

Investigators that have a baptismal date in July:

JULY 14TH:

Soledad: She's doing well but has been offended. Soledad said that she still wants to get baptized despite this, so my companions and I have faith that this will happen!

JULY 20TH:

Viviana: She's working hard on her addiction to tea and then she's set. Viviana knows this is the true church and is excited to get baptized. Some of her relatives are coming in town during this time so she wants to get baptized while they're here!

JULY 21ST:

Francisca: She's a new investigator from last week and is 18 years old and has a two year old son. When my companions and I started teaching her she didn't believe in God but now she has accepted a baptismal date for the 21st of July. We're so happy for her.

JULY 28:

Erika and Fernando: They are doing well...just have to get married and then can get baptized.

Rafael: Amalias (recent convert) husband. He has the desire to change. Just needs to feel the spirit and know for himself.

Cristian: Amalias son. He's doing well and has been to church three weeks in a row. We're stoked for him. He's made so much progress in the past 2 months.

Leslie: Christians daughter that came to live with him. She's awesome and wants to know more and get baptized. We'll see how our teaching goes this week. She was one of the ones who came to church yesterday with Christian.

Katherine/Esteban/Lissette:  We had a sweet family night with them and had alot of fun. They're doing well and said that they're going to come to church as well this coming Sunday...si o si.

Luz Ayala: She's Columbian. We met her husband this week and found out that they've been married for 7 yrs! Jose, her husband, is really cool. My companions and I are working with him so he will come to church with Luz this week. Luz has already committed herself to come to church....so we're set!

Highlights/Thoughts for the week:

Can't believe Tar is 16 and got her license! Thanks for sending me so many fotos. It was awesome to see them! I hope Tar had a great b-day party (from the pictures you sent it looks like you celebrated for days :) )

I miss fudge Sundaes! Yummyyyy!

Seeing Hermano Pino from Renca on Sunday was so awesome!

Glad that Tay arrived safe at SUU. That's gonna be an incredible experience for him.

I got lots of letters and a package from Nana this week. Please tell Nana thank-you (Papa too!) and that I love them. All the treats are basically gone (haha) we're a trio now!

Service this week on Saturday went really well. 5 total missionaries and our Bishop helped fix the home for half a day for the family my companions and I are teaching. AWESOME experience!

I took a bunch of pictures this week but my companions and I didn't have time to go back to the apartment and then back to the cyber to send the fotos this week. Have to wait til next week....sorry!

I taught the zone class this past week on how to work more effectively with members. It was a good class I think. We had a fun activity as well.

Independencia (my zone) exploded this month in basically everything! We were soooo low in every area when I arrived....example, 2 baptisms as a zone of 9 companionships in a whole month. This month (June) we had 11 baptisms as a zone and we're one of the top zones in the whole mission. Nice. My companions and I are definitely workin hard trying to motivate the zone to continue to work hard.

Thanks for all the prayers and support. I can feel it every week.

Favorite scripture of the week: D&C 107:99-100 (Wherefore, now let every man learn his duty, and to act in the office in which he is appointed, in all diligence. He that is slothful shall not be counted worthy to stand, and he that learns not his duty and shows himself not approved shall not be counted worthy to stand. Even so. Amen.) My Bishop shared this scripture with us during Priesthood yesterday. It was sweet!

I need you to pray for all of our investigators!!! They're doing great but just need a little bit more work and they'll all be right there!

I hope you all have a great week! Chau!

Love,

Elder Jenson

No comments:

Post a Comment