Thursday, August 2, 2012


August 1, 2012

Our family was thrilled to finally hear from Elder Jenson around 830pm on August 1,2012!  We received the following welcome photo and letter from Elder Jenson's Mission President, President Essig.

President Essig, Elder Tanner Jenson and Sister Essig at the Chile Santiago North Mission Home on July 31, 2012.

Maria Graham 312
Santiago, Chile

Dear Jenson Family,

            It was a great pleasure to welcome your son to our mission.  He arrived safely, is enthusiastic, and anxious to begin missionary work here in the Chile Santiago North mission.  I have interviewed him carefully and find him well prepared, with a strong testimony, and a good beginning foundation in the Spanish language.  I feel honored to be his mission president and know that the Lord has prepared many people here to receive the testimony of the restoration he bears.   Sister Essig and I will treat him as our own son. 

            Your son will look forward to your weekly letters of encouragement and support.  E-mail is a great way to communicate with him as he communicates with me by e-mail weekly as well.  If you prefer to send letters, the church pouch system is the fastest and safest method.  The pouch mail comes several times per week and is delivered to the mission office, where we either carry it ourselves, or send it with missionaries to your son as soon as possible.  You can also send letters directly to his address but it will not get here as quickly.  The address of our mission for the pouch system is as follows.

Chile Santiago North Mission
MP-Chile Santiago North Mission
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

            Thank you for all you have done to prepare your son for his mission.  Sister Essig and I will do everything in our power to help him have a wonderful and productive mission.

Sincerely yours,

Fred D. Essig
President, Chile Santiago North Mission

In addition we received the following handwritten letter from Elder Jenson:

Hey Family!

I hope everyone is doing well. I just arrived in Santiago a few hours ago. When we paid our taxes for being in Chile that all went well. When we got to customs, the Chilean FBI was a little skeptical. We had to just wait there for like an hour against a wall. They finally let us go. That was a little scary! But everything is all good! The city of Sanitago is really different and cool to see. I couldn't see much though because it's really foggy today. I took a few videos so you could see a little bit of the city. The Assistants to the President (AP's) and Secretary picked us up and drove us back to the Mission Home which is about 20 minutes from the airport. President and Sister Essig are so nice! I already love them. I'm lucky to have them as my Mission President and wife. In a few hours I will meet my trainer and have some more orientation. We get nap time in just a little bit as well! Ha! Ha! The plane ride was pretty rough, not too much sleep. I was right in the middle of 2 people and it was brutal! As soon as we got to the Mission Home I met the Eulitt's who already knew all about me because of mom. I just had my interview with the Mission President and everything went very well. He mentioned that I have tons of letters and packages already! I said,"Great!" Well, I love you all and I hope that you have a great week! My P-Day is on Monday, so look for an email then!




Elder Tanner Jenson's first photo taken as a missionary in the Chile Santiago North Mission

President Essig, Elder Tanner Jenson, Elder Weigel (Elder Jenson's 1st Companion in Chile), and Sister Essig meeting outside the Mission Home for the very first time!


No comments:

Post a Comment