Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"LOTS OF PROMISE!"


November 12, 2012

Hey All!

This week was another good week....finishing the week really strong!! Love seeing lots of investigators at church!


 
 
Elder Jenson with President Riquelme, Branch President of the Renca Branch, and his family
 
Logros (Achievements)
 
bautismos  0
 
confirmaciones  0
 
investigadores con fecha  4 (Kevin, Jose, Luis, Marixa, Aracely)
 
investigadores que asisten a la reunion sac  6  (Maria, Marixa, Aracely, Mainka, Beautriz,Genesis)
 
lecciones con miembro  7
 
otras lecciones  10
 
investigadores que estan progresando  2  (Marixa, Aracely)
 
referencias  recibidas  7
 
referencias contactadas  9
 
nuevos inv  5

lecciones a CR MA

contactos  100

MED  360

6 INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! Elder King told me that that was the most investigators that he has ever had in church his whole mission. It was so sweet!

In church this week was the Primary Program. It was at times funny to watch the kids try and say some of the scriptures and give their little talks.


Choose the Right is the Primary Theme for 2012
 
*The scripture based on this year's Primary theme is found in Joshua 24:15 "Choose you this day whom ye will serve;...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
 
 
"HAZ LO JUSTO" (Choose The Right in Spanish)
 
Elder King and I had really awesome days on Saturday and Sunday. Our MED was 209 through Friday night (struggling a little) and then in the last two days we had a MED of 151! Lots of blessings are being poured out unto Elder King and I. I'm loving it! Elder King and I were struggling with our contacts this week and ended up having to do 27 contacts yesterday to reach 100. One of my goals this week is to talk to more people and to stop letting people go by me without talking to them about the Restoration of the Church!
 
Investigators
 
Marixa and Aracely: Marixa and Aracely have been our investigators for about 2 weeks. Marixa is the mom and is about 50. Aracely is the daughter and is 21 years old. Elder King and I have taught them 4 or 5 times now and in our last lesson with them on Saturday night, we watched the Restoration. After the video, Elder King and I bore our personal testimonies and it was really powerful. We then extended Marixa and Aracely a baptismal date for the 2nd of Dec. and they both accepted.  Aracely said the closing prayer and it was the most incredible prayer that I have ever heard. Aracely talked about how she had been in the dark not knowing what to do but then she thanked her Heavenly Father for the sign from Him with the missionaries teaching her about the Restoration of the gospel. That almost brought me to tears. Marixa and Aracely both came to church the next day, yesterday, and loved it. When Elder King and I went by their house yesterday after church to see how they were doing, Marixa had the lesson #1 folleto out and was studying the scriptures that were in the back of it with the questions and the references.
 
 
Restoration Folleto #1
 
Elder King and I explained a few scriptures to Aracely and their meaning and she was in awe. As Elder King and I were leaving, Marixa asked us,"I'm too old to be a missionary, right?" I answered,"No!" Marixa was like,"Wow, I would love to be a missionary and bring the truth to others like you have done to me!" Such a cool story. I can't wait for Marixa and Aracely to take that step to baptism!
 
Fam Flores-Sepulveda (Kevin, Jose Luis, Susana and Katherine): We had another really great week with the Family Flores-Sepulveda's. We had members join us in our lessons we taught and Kevin attended church activities and had a great time. We went by their house yesterday morning to pick them up to come to church. Kevin was already in the door waiting for us, but he was in shorts and a t-shirt. Kevin told us that they had a family emergency and that they couldn't come to church. Kevin was so sad. I could tell that he REALLY wanted to come, but couldn't. Elder King and I told Kevin that it was a bummer he couldn't come but that he just needed to plan to come this next week! We have a good lesson planned with them tonight that I'm looking forward to.
 
 
Beautriz and Genesis: We had a really powerful lesson with Bautriz on Sat night with Juan Carlos present. Elder King and I talked about the doubt she has with baptism, that being her sickness of getting her ears wet and then having to go to the hospital. We talked her through this again and Beautriz was able to feel confident in our plan of putting the chair in the baptismal font. That brought her a little comfort.
 
 
Elder King and I then talked about the first steps to gaining a testimony with her and the importance of doing that (desire, seek by praying). Beautriz said she was a little bit scared to get the answer. Elder King and I then spent some time talking about how Satan puts those thoughts in our way to deceive us so that we don't choose the right. Beautriz agreed and said that she would really pray to receive the answer. Beautriz and Genesis came to church and loved it!
 
Mainka: Elder King and I found Mainka knocking doors close to a members house this week. She's 18 yrs old and has interest in the church. Elder King and I invited Mainka to church on Sat and she said that she wasn't sure. We then told her that we would have the Caballero family bring her to church and she was like,"Ok, I think I can do that." Sunday morning, Hna Caballero called me to say that she was sick and that she couldn't take Mainka to church. Elder King and I were bummed so we decided to go and get her ourselves. On the way to getting Mainka, we saw her walking down the street all dressed up with her child. Elder King and I were like,"What are you doing?"(ha,ha) and Mainka says,"I'm going to church! (ha! ha!) I don't know where it is, but figured I'd start walking and then I'd find it sometime!" Wow, that was awesome! Elder King and I showed Mainka the way to church. She liked it. Excited to see the progress with her this week!
 
 
 
Chapel in Renca Chile where Elder Jenson attends church
 
Maria: Maria came to church! That was really good to see. Yaquelin was supposed to come to church too (her cunada), but she couldn't (not sure why). Maria said she loved church. Elder King and I have another visit with her this Tuesday. In our last lesson with Maria I felt impressed to talk to her about a goal to leave her boyfriend. I talked about a date and she committed to talking to her boyfriend by the 18th of Nov. By the 18th of Nov Maria should be dependent on herself and ready to get baptized!!! I'm excited for her.
 
 
Those are the main investigators Elder King and I are working with right now! All of our investigators are making some good progress. There's lots of promise in the next few weeks and towards the end of the month. Elder King and I hope to have 3 or 4 baptisms before transfers!!! (Kevin, Marixa, Aracely and Maria). Boy that would be sweet!
 
Highlights of the week:
 
 
Elder Jenson and a member of the Renca Branch
 
*Involving the members a lot more this week. Elder King and I had lots of members in our lessons and our lessons were a lot more effective. The importance of member involvement is huge! Our members shared their personal experiences that they've had with the church and bore their testimonies  that what Elder King and I were teaching was true.
 
 
 
"FELIZ HALLOWEEN" CHILE 2012
 
*"FELIZ HALLOWEEN" The Chileans celebrate Halloween. I took around the bag of candy you sent me and gave it out to all the kids. They were loving it!

 
The Jenson and Horsley family's are thankful for Elder Jenson!
 
 
* I got the Thanksgiving package with all the family turkey's. Loved it! That was really nice of you guys.
 
*Our Zone got the "Norma de Exelencia" (Standard of Excellence) award this past week so we had a huge Zone party on Saturday morning. 
 
 
Elder Jenson's Renca Zone celebrating their "Norma de Exelencia" week!
 
*Playing golf in one of the richest parts of Santiago, Cuidad Empresarial on P-day!
 
 
Cuidad Empresarial in Chile
 
 We paid 10 mil (20 dollars) to hit about 2 buckets of balls each! They gave me a 6 iron and said..."Hit away!" haha! They just give you one club to hit all of the balls. I talked to one of the guys to see if I could get a few more clubs to hit and he said that all the drivers and irons that they let the public use got broken. Good news, I got to work on my swing a little bit! Still silky smooth:)
 
 
Elder King, Elder Sampson, Elder Lawson and Elder Jenson golfing in Cuidad Empresarial!
 
After a hard days work at the golf course there's nothing like an AMERICAN "sweet sub of the day" from SUBWAY!
 

 
Elder Jenson and Elder King hanging out on a patio "kickin it" with a tasty sub, chocolate chip cookie and fruit punch celebrating a Chilean day of golfing! 
 



 

 I'm working soooo hard and seeing the blessings! I hope all of you are doing well. I love getting your letters, drawings, packages and seeing and hearing how everyone is doing! A special thank-you to Avery (letter), Michael Horsley family (loved the kids drawings!),Papa and Nana (Halloween card) and all my Jenson and Horsley family ( turkeys!) from me this week!
 
Love,
 
Tan


No comments:

Post a Comment