Tuesday, November 27, 2012

FAMILIES FOUND=BLESSINGS!

November 26, 2012

Hey Family and Friends!


Elder Jenson in Lo Boza which is an area with a dirt road with houses up on the hill. Julio and many other investigators live in this area in Renca. 

We had a great week this week! The only things Elder King and I are struggling with are lessons with members and talking with more people. Elder King and I had 4 investigators who are progressing attend church!!! (Progressing investigators are people who have baptismal dates and are keeping all of their commitments...aka coming to church).That was so sick. We also had 16 nuevos...not 6...16!! Nuevos are defined as teaching a lesson with a new person over the age of 8, leaving them with a commitment and then setting a return visit for another day. Elder King and I found tons of families this week to teach. It was really great to see the blessings from that. We however didn't teach Maritza, Aracely or the Flores Sepulveda family that much this week. We taught Maritza and Aracely twice and Kevin and his family once which was kind of a bummer. Elder King and I have been asking for references like crazy which is paying off (16 nuevos!).

Logros (Achievements)

bautismos  0

confirmaciones  0

inv con fecha  4 (maritza, aracely, jose luis, kevin)

investigadores que asisten a la reunion sac  5  (maritza, aracely, julio, kevin and jose luis)

lecciones con miembro  2

otras lecciones  10

investigadores que estan progresando  4  (kevin, maritza, aracely and jose luis)

ref recibidas  6

ref contactadas  16

nuevos investigadores  16

contactos  80

MED 360


Investigators:

Maritza and Aracely:  Elder King and I had some lessons with Maritza and Aracely and accomplished a lot with them this week. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Plan of Salvation, Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity.




Gospel of Jesus Christ Pamphlet
 
Este folleto se corresponde con la leccion 3 del capitulo 3 de Predicad Mi Evangelio y sirve como guia de estudio para los investigadores. Incluye explicaciones de doctrinas y principios, un glosario de terminos, preguntas de estudio, una description de las reuniones dominicales y una lista de compromisos.


Plan of Salvation Pamphlet
 
Maritza and Aracely both loved the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation. Aracely and Maritza are both really smart and comprehend a lot of what we say. Elder King and I taught the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chasity as one lesson with them.


Word of Wisdom Pamphlet
 
 
 
Chastity Pamphlet
 
We taught the Word of Wisom first and everything went well. Aracely told us that she was super willing to not drink, smoke, drink coffee, tea or obviously do drugs. That was great to hear. We then started talking a little bit about the Law of Chastity. Elder King and I read a little bit from the folleto what it is and some of the details about it. Maritza felt overwhelmed and was like, "I don't know if I can do all this. I didn't know that you guys had all of these rules that you have to follow! I don't know if I can get baptized...." Elder King and I calmed her down and talked to her about the importance of keeping the commandments of God, why we should keep commandments and then we spent a few minutes talking about the blessings that one can receive by keeping the commandments. Maritza settled down and we finished our thoughts and the lesson. One really cool thing is that when Matitza was talking about how she doesn't know if she can get baptized any more, Aracely was like, "But Mom, you don't want to enter into the kingdom of God and live with Him and Jesus Christ forever? You don't want to go to the celestial kingdom?" That was so awesome to hear. Aracely is really strong and she told us that she was going to keep all the commandments. Elder King and I are excited for her. We don't know what's going to happen to Maritza. When we were leaving she told Elder King and I that if she was still going to prepare to get baptized, she would come to church on Sunday. SHE CAME TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY! That was a really good sign. I'm not sure if she'll be able to get baptized on the 2nd like we have planned.
 
 
 
Family Flores Sepulveda" Elder King and I went in and talked to Pres Riquelme, our Branch President on Thursday of this week. We talked about Kevin and his situation. We told President Riquelme that Kevin was preparing to get baptized on the second but that he didn't come to church one week. We spoke with President Riquelme that the only way Kevin's baptism was possible was if he would have a conversation with Kevin and determine if he's ready to get baptized on the 2nd (if a child is 18 years old or younger, they are supposed to attend 4 weeks of church to be able to get baptized but if you have permission from the child's Bishop, the child can bet baptized with only 3 attendances).  President Riquelme, Elder King and I and Kevin and his family are meeing tonight to have a lesson on baptism. Elder King and I will really have to buckle down this week with Kevin if he's going to get baptized. Kevin still needs a lot of lessons and preparation. Elder King and I are willing to do it!! The family is doing really well. We even got Susana, the mother of the family, to lighten up a little bit about the importance of baptism in her life and she said that she would get baptized! Elder King and I haven't set a date for her. Jose Luis and Susana still need to get married.
 
Julio: We talked with Julio over a week ago in Lo Boza.
 
 
Elder Jenson in Lo Boza Chile. A part of Elder Jenson's sector where there are wooden houses. Maritza, Aracely, Oscar, Amapola, Nicolas and many more investigators live in this area. Very, very humble circumstances.
 
Julio said that he was struggling really bad financially because he had lost his job and was going through some really tough times. Elder King and I talked to Julio a little bit about the church and had a great prayer with him at the end of our lesson. Julio said that he would come to church with Elder King and I one of these weeks and HE CAME YESTERDAY! I didn't even recognize him at first. Elder King had to tell me he was there. That was really cool. Julio came up to us and told us that he had found a job a couple of days after our lesson. Elder King and I told Julio that we wanted to come by his house soon but Julio said that with his job he's really occupied but that he still wants to come to church on Sundays!
 
 
"Elder King and I have definitely planted the seed of the gospel"
 
 
Maria:  Maria told Elder King and I that she had talked with her boyfriend, but that she didn't have the courage to tell him "ciao" unfortunately. Elder King and I had a really strong lesson with Maria and looked up several scriptures about the consequences of getting baptized or not getting baptized. Then Elder King and I bore powerful testimonies to her. My the end, Maria was crying and said that she can't leave her pareja. It was really sad for me that she chose to make that decision. Elder King and I have to keep moving forward. This isn't Maria's time in her life to accept the gospel. Elder King and I have definitely planted the seed of the gospel with her.
 
 
Highlights of my week/Thoughts:
 
1."My carnet arrived! I'm finally official in Chile!"
 
 
Elder Jenson's Chilean Carnet
 
2. "It's 95-100 degrees now in Chile! Sooooo hot! I sweat like crazy every day!"
 
3. "Chileans don't celebrate Thanksgiving. To be honest, I didn't even remember it was Thanksgiving except for the family turkey's I have at the house. I'm working so hard!"
 
4. Hearing from Coach Johansen  ("So good to hear from him") and many others this week. I love the letters everyone sends me!
 
 
Coach Dean Johansen, Elder Jenson's USU Men's Golf Coach
 
5. Missionary transfers are on December 3rd!
 

 
Transferecias Misioneros el 3 de diciembre
 
I don't know really what to think about transfers. I want to stay in Renca for one more change with Elder King so I can be with the Branch I already know and love for the Holidays. I think I'm going to be transferred though. In my mission, 3 changes for the noobies is a lot. A lot of times, what President Essig typically does is change out the new missionaries to a different sector after their training. I was very fortunate to stay in Renca for another change. I think I'm going to get transferred to a different area, but we'll see. I will find out late Saturday night and have to pack and be ready to catch a bus then a train on Monday!
 
Pretty great week! Definitely very happy!  Just need to teach a little bit more! I'll try and take as many pictures as I can this week in Renca, as I think it's my last.  Hope all is well and that you all have a great week!
 
Love,
 
Tan




No comments:

Post a Comment