Monday, February 11, 2013

Seeing Miracles in Vespucio!

February 11, 2013

Hey All!


Elder Jenson and "The Mother of Santiago, The Virgin Mary" statue on top of San Cristobal.


 
Elder Jenson with a "sweet view of Santiago in the background. You could see about 270 degrees around Santiago from way up on the top of the San Cristobal hill" :)


This week in Vespucio has been a really great week with lots of success. Hopefully President will see fit to keep me in this sector (Vespucio) for a while so I can get to know the investigators and members more and bring others unto Christ! It's pretty difficult getting switched around so much and not being able to get to know and connect with the members or investigators.

As tough times pass in my mission, I am learning more and more how to recount those many miracles that I have had the blessing to see and be a part of. Knowing there are miracles every day so far in my mission, I am able to pick myself up and keep going with even more fire and desire to serve. Seeing miracles has definitely helped me to put those tough experiences behind me amd look to the future for those many miracles that are ahead of me. If you're ever having a tough day, week, or anything...just think of those great times as a family, or whatever happy memory you can draw on so that it can brighten up your day and help you along!


Elder Jenson and Zone Zapadores resting after climbing the San Cristobal hill on P-day.

I am excited for the future of the Vespucio sector and know that there will be lots of fruits in the coming few months. As Elder Cambroni and I are working hard trying to find those who are ready to hear our gospel message, the list is just building upon itself as we have taught investigator after investigator this week. We have really been working though the Permaneced lists (lists of all the members that have been baptized, but are less active), visiting the less active members and teaching their family members that are not members while at the same time strengthening the less active members in the home. I've found that this method is really effective. It's like killing two birds with one stone!

Logros (Achievements)

bautismos  0

confirmaciones  0

inv con fecha bautismal  0

inv que asisten a la reunion sac  2

lecciones con miembro  10

otras lecciones  8

inv que estan progresando  2

ref recibidas  7

ref contactadas  5

nuevos inv  12

lecciones a cr ma  14

contactos  91

MED 321

Elder Cambroni and I are teaching more and more in Vespucio and it's so great to see the miracles. It's really fun to look for tiny miracles that are happening in this sector to prepare those that are ready for this gospel. Elder Cambroni and I taught a total of 32 lessons this week!! It was so awesome to see that happen....helping the inactive members come back to church and also finding 12 new people to teach! :)

Here are the scriptures I liked this week:

ALMA 26:3-5,12,22,27,35
             29:1-2
             32:16-18,26-27,41-42
             34:14,31-34
             36:18-20
             37:16-17
             38:9
             39:14
             40:11-14,23
             41:10
             42:4,27

Hope you enjoy those!! I'm in Alma 48 right now in my Spanish scriptures.

Investigators:

Sergio's wife had their baby this past Saturday so they didn't come to church. They are doing really well and Elder Cambroni and I are going to visit them again this Friday.

Daniela (13 yrs old) and Kathalina (14 yrs old) are the two who came to church yesterday and are our progressing investigators. They are two friends. Elder Cambroni and I met them because they came to the English class I started teaching at the church every Saturday. We will be teaching them a little bit more and hope to see great progress :) Daniela and Kathalina have a baptismal date for the 3rd of March.

Elder Cambroni and I just found a family of three last night and they are so awesome!!! I as well as Elder Cambroni felt the spirit so strongly throughout the lesson. This family has a baptismal date for the 17th of March. Golden!!! They are so prepared for this gospel.

Highlights/Thoughts:

*Thanks for all the dearelder letters and support this week. I felt your prayers too!

*I made an announcment in Sacrament meeting telling the ward that I would be teaching an English class starting Saturday. 5 people showed up. This week I'm going to invite our investigators to my class and also put up signs in the streets :) I expect more to come this coming Saturday.

*Elder Cambroni and I had a good week:) It seemed like the flaites (Chilean gangsters) left us alone!

*"I'm happy and safe!"

 
View of Santiago from San Cristobal. "I love being a missionary in Santiago!"

Well, that's all for this week! I hope you all have a good one!!

Love,

Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment