Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Trust In His Light

February 17, 2014

Hey everyone!

First things first...I wanna make a shout out to my little brother Taylor for making his first points in a D1 basketball game this week and in the game after that, 2 threes to show em all some TJ Fadeaway magic!! We all know you can kill it out there. Coach Robinson will give you more and more time as you keep showin confidence. Love you bro!!

 
Elder Jenson, Miriam, Gabriel, Patricia, Elder Anderson and Elder Cheshire (in front) on February 16, 2014 Lo Prado 2-Baptism Day!


PATRICIA, MIRIAM and GABRIEL WERE BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!!!! This was truly an incredible experience that I will never forget....ever!! Three more of our siblings have made covenants with our Father in Heaven and are willing to follow Him. They showed it and I'm so proud of them. Brother Lopez (2nd Counselor in the Bishopric) baptized them since he was one of the members who fellowshipped this family.

 
Miriam, Gabriel and Patricia on their baptism day February 16, 2014 Lo Prado 2


Two days before their baptism and the day before their interviews all three of them shared their complete conversion story with details. My companions and I found out a lot of things (miracles) we had no idea about. Patricia told us that she was an atheist before getting to know us. Patricia said that because of our visits and what she has felt, her life has changed. Patricia said that many times and kept thanking my companions and I for our service. Miriam told my companions and I a lot about how she and Gabriel had only come to Lo Prado to live with her parents because they couldn't find another place to live and they didn't know why. Miriam expressed gratitude as she told us that she believes she and her family moved to Lo Prado to come to know the truth. Gabriel told my companions and I he had a speech impediment (we knew this to some extent) and that every time he read the Book of Mormon, he felt as if his speech impediment was very minimal. Many miracles took place in their conversions so they could be baptized. God lives!

Patricia's daughter, Tamara, and Miriam's husband, Gabriel, also came to the baptism. My companions and I passed by later that day to talk with mainly Tamara. Tamara had never been to church before in her life and said that she could feel something different. Patricia also mentioned that she had seen a radical difference in her mom, Patricia, in a very short time and that she really loved that. We testified to Tamara and asked her if we could teach her about what has changed her mom's life for forever. Tamara accepted and we will be helping her come unto Him and receive the remission of her sins as well.

 
Gabriel (Papa de Gabriel and Miriam's husband), Miriam, Gabriel, Patricia and Tamara (Patricia's daughter) on February 16, 2014 Lo Prado 2-Baptism Day!


6 investigators were able to attend Stake Conference with my companions and I which was a very uplifting experience. Our Stake Conference was mostly centered on the Work of Salvation. The Lord is really blessing us every week with some really moving experiences. Sometimes I can't help it but to get teary eyed when I think about them.

Thoughts/Highlights of the Week

1. I really want to come back to Chile the week after I get home! Sounds good the Homecoming date.

2. Send a shout out to Coach J and the team for me this week and tell them good job!

3. Opened my Valentines Day package and also got the Bronco's package!! Thanks for all the letters as well and for the support and love!!

4. Didn't get my CO license sticker.....

5. Transfers are this coming Monday....where will I be?

6. We had a sweet Sanlen Zone activity today where we played soccer and basketball and also ate some food!! It was a really fun activity to close out my last P-day in Lo Prado 2!



Elder Jenson and ZONE SALEN February 16, 2014 Lo Prado 2 

I just want to leave you with my testimony that I know more than ever that this is the true church of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I have seen His hand in this work every day and will never, ever forget these experiences. He truly lives and loves us more than we can ever imagine. Trust in His light and follow the council of the living-day prophets and you will never be lead astray. I love you all with all my heart and leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

My time is up!! Have a great week.

Love,

Elder Jenson






No comments:

Post a Comment