Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Luis Will Be Baptized in Mexico!


President Tyler and Elder Jenson



Continuing with the July 6, 2012 letter home....


Thursday: The day started off as normal. We played basketball for gym like usual and then we had class at 1:45 right after lunch which was followed by an hour of additional study time. The first part of class my comp and I headed to the TRC to teach my progressing investigator, Jorge. He is progressing very well and committed to reading and praying about the Book of Mormon to see if it is true by the next time we meet. Elder Nelson and I backtracked a little bit to start off our lesson and talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon and the Restoration of the Church before going any further into Jorge's questions he had about Joseph Smith and Prophets which took awhile. My comp and I also were taught by Elder Wasden and Elder Andersen. I am playing one of my friends from home and acting as he would act in the lessons with the missionaries. Elder Nelson is playing one of his friends in this appointment as well. We are also teaching Elder Smith and Elder McIlwain who are acting like their friends from back home. It's pretty difficult and challenging to answer some of their questions. So, including the 3 new investigators, this week, Elder Nelson and I now have 5 investigators. Pretty Crazy! Edwin, Luis, Jorge, Smith and McIlwain. Later in the day we taught Luis for the last time. He said that his classes are ending and that he's going back to Mexico. Luis said that he really wants to get baptized, but that he needs to speak with his parents face-to-face. Luis said that after he does this, he'll be baptized in Mexico. We are now down to 4 investigators.


Thank-you to my family and friends for their letters, packages and support. Thank-you to Uncle Mike and Aunt Kristen for the story they shared with me and to Lolo and Will for their pictures they sent me this week. Thank-you to Grandpa and Grandma Jenson for your letters and words. Thank-you Aunt Jeanna for your sacrament talk and letters you sent me. Thank-you to the Hansen's for their gift and card. I feel so supported and loved.


Love you!

Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment