Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"BECOME LIKE HIM!"

December 17, 2012

Dear Family and Friends!


 
Elder Jenson and Elder McKinley with their Santa hats and Christmas family and friend "LOVE TREE!"
 

This week has been a great week! Elder McKinley and I did get sick this week for a little while, but it wasn't too serious. Our (watas) stomachs weren't feeling too well, we had headaches and lost our voices....which made it a little hard to teach. We soon got over our sickness and never took a minute off of working through it all. There's just so much Elder McKinley and I have to do that we couldn't afford to take a day off to recuperate! Elder McKinley and I struggled for awhile (felt like I needed to throw up multiple times, but never did) but are both healthy now.

Logros (Achievements)

Bautismos  0

Confirmaciones  2 (Erika and Paz)

inv con fecha  21

inv que asisten a la iglesia  5

lecciones con miembro  14

otras lecciones  13

inv que estan progresando  3

ref recibidas  16

ref contactadas  9

nuevos investigadores  7

lecciones a cr ma  3

MED  430

 
Elder Jenson and Elder McKinley's Investigator Board


Another great week numbers wise. Elder McKinley and I need to focus on getting more people to church this week. We have 21 people with a baptismal date and only 3 of them came to church.  Elder McKinley and I have about 10 really awesome investigators who are progressing and trying to get their own answer from Heavenly Father but never came to church. Elder McKinley and I plan to work with them a lot this week.


Elder Jenson's Simon Bolivar Sector

Investigators:

Cristhal: Cristhal is 9 yrs. old and is Erika's daughter. Elder McKinley and I are preparing her for baptism this week. Cristhal is so excited and knows everything in the lessons we teach because she's been taking the lessons for over 6 months. Elder McKinley and I are excited for her!

Jenny: Jenny is 23 yrs. old and is Erika's sister. Jenny has a baptismal date for this week but she told Elder McKinley and I that she has lots of doubts. We plan to meet with her this week and work through her doubts. I dont't want to have little faith but am feeling like we are going to have to change her baptismal date.

Gabriela: Gabriela is 40 yrs. old and is the mom of a convert that just got baptized about a month ago. Gabriela is trying to stop drinking coffee but says it's really hard for her. I told her in one of our lessons this week that Elder McKinley and I were going to take allllll the coffee she had in her house and throw it away. Gabriela was really hesitant at that moment but in the end, she let us take all her coffee and throw it away! It was awesome.

Benjamin: Benjamin has a baptismal date for this week as well but still needs his answer from God that all of what he's been taught is true.

Jose Rengifo: Jose is 35 yrs. old and is the coolest investigator I've ever had. Jose told Elder McKinley and I that when we knocked on his door, he felt something and that he decided to let us in. As Elder McKinley and I started teaching Jose, he told us that almost all of his family is Mormon and that he wanted to "check it out". Jose kept telling Elder McKinley and I that he feels good around us. We've taught Jose 3 times now and he came to church yesterday! Jose is so full of excitement. When it came time for Priesthood yesterday at church, Jose stood up to introduce himself and went in front of the room to the pulpit and told a little bit about himself. Jose said that Elder McKinley and I had been teaching him and that he feels good. Jose also said, "I've been a part of this church for about a week now!"  That was so awesome to hear! I was just thinking in my head, not quite yet, but at least Jose has the drive and he's excited about being a member! Elder McKinley and I have taught Jose the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation. Jose has a baptismal date for the 6th of January.

Mauricio: Mauricio is a 20 yr old who's girlfriend is an inactive member. Elder McKinley and I have taught Mauricio twice and he has even more ANIMO than Jose! Mauricio is on fire and came to church yesterday and said,"I absolutely love it!" Elder McKinley and I passed by Mauricio's house after church and he told us allllll about church including what he learned, what he liked etc. Mauricio also told us that he has already made up his mind that he's going to get baptized no matter what! Mauricio shared with Elder McKinley and I that he's been reading and praying and feels like he has received his answer. So sweet!! Mauricio has a baptismal date for the 30th of Dec.

Highlights of the Week/Thoughts:

*I live in a "department building" (apartment building) #105 with Elder McKinley (Zone Leader and my companion), Elder Evans (Zone Leader) and Elder Neser (New Elder in training).


"Department Building #105"-Home of Elders Jenson, McKinley, Evans and Neser


 
Elder Evans (Zone Leader-served in Chile since August 2011)
 
 
Elder Neser (In training-served in Chile since October 2012)

*Elder Evans finding an "American" Christmas tree stashed away....We now have "2" Christmas trees in our "home" this year!


Picture of our Livi ( Chilean Living Room) and our "2nd" Christmas tree!
 


*The 14 Day Walk with Christ and the 12 Days of Christmas was really creative. I like them a lot and enjoy opening a gift a day. I feel so loved! Elder McKinley and I read the 14 Day Walk with Christ every day to start off our companion study. Thanks!

The only way we can really know another person is to walk in their shoes: think what they think, learn what they know, and what they would say, do what they would do. Christ said,"Be ye therefore perfect." We can only accomplish this as we become like Him. The Lord asked the question of the Nephites:"What manner of men ought ye to be?" Then He answered by saying,"Verily I say unto you, even as I am." (3 Ne. 27:27).

*Elder Jorge F. Zeballos visited our mission and addressed us. He's in the Chile Area Presidency. It was really special to hear from him. Elder Zeballos gretted us one by one as well which was cool.


Elder Jorge F. Zeballos, Chile Area Presidency

* Still "cooking" my favorite foods every week....


......cereal and hamburgers! Elder Jenson's kitchen in Quinta Normal

...... as well as going to members homes for lunch every day. This week a Peruvian family, Familia Herrera,  invited us to their home for lunch. Gracias Familia Herrera for having Elder McKinley and I in your home!

*After Elder McKinley and I eat we usually study, plan and organize
 

 
Elder Jenson and Elder McKinley's study room
 
*At the end of a very long day I hop into my "bottom" bunk and fall fast asleep excited for another day of being a missionary in Chile!
 

 
Elder Jenson and Elder McKinley's bunk beds in Quinta Normal


*I got a letter from Bishop Stewart. It was so nice to hear from him and for him to think of me!

I don't have any more time! I hope you all are doing well! Thank-you for your love and support. Can't wait to see you in just a few days (SKYPE!)



Feliz Navidad from Chile!


Love,

Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment