Monday, December 31, 2012

Good-bye Quinta Normal... Hello?????

December 31, 2012

Hey all!!


Elder Jenson saying good-bye on December 26, 2012 to his companions Elder Nesser, Elder Evans and Elder McKinley in Quinta Normal Simon Bolivar before being transferred to.........?
 
 


INDEPENDENCIA-CARRION 1, CHILE!
 

Sooo I got transferred again! I got transfered to the Zone Independencia and my sector is Carrion 1. The "cerro" (hill) off in the distance is "Cerro Renca"!! That's how far I am from Renca right now.
 
 
 
Elder Millan, Elder Jenson's new companion in Independencia
 
 My new companion is Elder Millan from Mexico City, Mexico. He's a Zone Leader here in Independencia and has been in the mission for about 13 months.

Elder Millan is my first Latin companion. I've already learned a bunch from him in the few days I've been in the Carrion 1 sector (I got transferred on Wednesday at 12pm). There are two Carrions. The missionaries in Carrion 2 are Elder Guinazu (other Zone Leader) and Elder Arriagada who are both Chilean. Elder Guinazu is an ex-Assistant to the President and this is his first cambio not being the Assistant. Elder Guinazu goes home at the end of February. Elder Arriagada has been out about 6 months. All the missionaries are really great and it's fun living with them.


All four of us live in basically an apartment building that's 13 floors tall. We live on the 10th floor with some sweet views over Santiago (especially at night!). 


Logros (Achievements)

bautismos  0

confirmaciones  0

inv con fecha bautismal  11

inv que asisten a la reunion sac  2

lecciones con miembro  7

otras lecciones  22

investigadores que estan progresando  1

referencias recibidas  3

referencias contactadas  13

nuevos  inv  13

lecciones a cr ma  5

contactos  71

med  491


Elder Jenson and Elder Millan in their apartment study area.

*Keep in mind that all of these numbers were done in 5 days since I had noche buena (night of Christmas Eve) and Christmas. Elder Millan and I worked like dogs this week. It was awesome! The only thing that sort of was disappointing was that we literally committed like 15 people to come to church yesterday and only 2 people came. That was kind of a bummer, but you have your good weeks with church attendance and your bad ones.
 
Elder Jenson's Carrion Sector Board


When I first got to Independencia Carrion 1, Elder Millan had 7 people with a baptismal date and he was teaching about 20 lessons a week. I definitely learned how to work with Elder McKinley especially about how to get into houses to teach the restored gospel and giving people the baptismal vision in the first lesson and putting them with a baptismal date for a goal to works towards from day 1. Elder Millan asked me what I learned from Elder McKinley and I responded with a few ideas like giving people the baptismal vision in the first lesson no matter what, in contacts asking WHEN we can pass by their house to share a message instead of IF we could come by, calling in the morning to verify every set appointment that we have for the day etc. Elder Millan told me he was willing to implement all of these ideas in this weeks work. Elder Millan and I implemented everything and had tons of success teaching tons of investigators and finding a lot of great people to teach who are ready to hear the gospel. Elder Millan and I now have 11 people with a baptismal vision who are working towards receiving their answer from God that what Elder Millan and I taught them is true. I'm excited for the coming week to see how it all turns out.

Elder Millan and I are helping a joven (young boy) named Junior prepare for baptism this week! Junior is great and has lots of desire to get baptized. Elder Millan and I are excited for Junior to take the next step and be baptized this next Sunday. We are hoping all goes well. Elder Millan and I have more people who are preparing for baptism on the 13th of January as well. Our strongest investigator is Leo who is 12 years old and REALLY wants to get baptized. Elder Millan and I are excited for him as well.

I started reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish for the first time from the beginning about 2 months ago. Right now I am in Mosiah 9.



In the past 2 weeks I have come across some really awesome scriptures that I wanted to share with you so that you could look them up...

Jacob 4:10; 5:71-72, 75; 6:8-12

Enos 1:27-"And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me; Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen"

Omni 1:26

Words of Mormon 1:18

Mosiah 2:22, 32, 41; 3:7; 4:11-12, 30; 5:2; 7:33



Highlights/Thoughts:

*My new ward is the Carrion Ward. Yesterday there were 104 people in attendance. I've been really lucky to literally be in the best wards of the mission. There are lots of wards that only have 40 people coming to church each week.

*The Chile Santiago North Mission Home is being converted into a dorm area for missionaries for the MTC here in Chile. I'm not sure about the details of how long missionaries will be in the MTC here or who will be coming here. This dorm area is for all of the missions in Chile not just the CSN.

*Getting 10 dearelders and hearing from my best friend Cory Calvert and my Uncle Seth this week! Thanks for all the letters and support. It makes my week!


Well, that's all I have time for. I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!



Feliz Año Nuevo 2013 desde Chile!


Love,

Tan


No comments:

Post a Comment