Monday, January 14, 2013

Dios Proveerá! (God Will Provide!)

January 14, 2013

Hey All!!

Sooooo today is the day of cambios (transfers) and I got transferred out of Independencia...... to?


 
Quilicura-Lo Campino 2
 
Quilicura is located at the northwestern edge of Santiago. It borders Renca to the south, Pudahuel to the west, Huechuraba and Conchali to the east and Lampa and Colina to the north. The origin of the name Quilicura comes from the words kila meaning three and kura meaning stone. The "Three Stones" are the three hills which separate the area. Quilicura is home to many industries and has approximately 200,000 residents.

I'm in the comuna Quilicura (Zone) and my sector now is Lo Campino 2.  It seems like it's going to be a good sector with a great ward. I've already heard great things about it! I'm in a trio companionship.
My new companions are Elder Lizama who's from Mexico and Elder Miklich who's from San Francisco.


Elder Lizama, one of Elder Jenson's new companions in Quilicura. Elder Lizama has been serving in the Chile Santiago North Mission for 10 months.
 

Elder Miklich, one of Elder Jenson's new companions in Quilicura. Elder Miklich has been serving in the Chile Santiago North Mission for 9 months.
 


 I just barely met my companions. They seem like really great Elders who are ready to work! It should be a good cambio together. I was definately sad to leave Elder Millan because he's such a  great missionary and a great friend, but that's how missionary work goes. I was also sad to leave Carrion but I'm excited to work in Lo Campio 2.



President told me at the end of my 3 weeks with Elder McKinley that this last change was going to be my capacitation to be a leader in the mission. President said that he loved how hard I worked and that evey one of my companions so far have said great things about me. So, I was suprised with this change of being in a trio companionship. Whatever the Lord wants me to be and whatever the Lord wants me to do, I'll do it! I'm really excited to keep learning from these great new companions I have now.

Logros (Achievements)

bautismos  0

confirmaciones  0

investigadores con fecha  5

inv que asisten a la reunion sac  1

lecciones con miembro  8

otras lecciones  16

inv progresando  0

ref recibidas  1

ref contactadas  9

lecciones a cr ma  6

contactos  72

MED  402


I just have time to share one experience that Elder Millan and I had this past week. Yesterday Elder Millan and I had church. We worked so hard all week to commit tons of people to come to church and have great experiences. Elder Millan and I passed by 15 investigators houses Friday and Saturday to make sure that everyone was going to come and committed all of them to come to church.  Yesterday when Elder Millan and I showed up at church one investigator came! I was praying and wondering in my mind what Elder Millan and I were doing wrong and what we needed to do better or if it was just a test of faith for Elder Millan and I as missionaries that we were fulfilling our part and needed to just keep going with what we were doing.  Right after church ended one of the members in Quilicura came up to Elder Millan and I out of no where and is like," So, I have a brother that lives in Carrion and his name is Claudio and he's not a member of the church.  He has (can't remember the exact disease he said) a disease where he can't move out of the house, so he can't come to church.  Just a little bit ago I asked my brother if he would watch a talk from General Conference with me and we watched Jeffrey R. Holland in this past October Conference.


Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
 

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland in the October General Conference said,"To all within the sound of my voice, the voice of Christ comes ringing down through the halls of time, asking each one of us while there is time,"Do you love me?" And for every one of us, I answer with my honor and my soul,"Yea, Lord we do love thee." And having set our "hand to the plough" we will never look back until this work is finished and love of God and neighbor rules the world." Elder Holland continued," If ye love me, keep my commandments," Jesus Said. So we have neighbors to bless, children to protect, the poor to life up, and the truth to defend. We have wrongs to make right, truths to share, and good to do. In short, we have a life of devoted discipleship to give in demonstrating our love of the Lord." 


 By the end of Elder Holland's talk my brother was crying and loved it so much. My brother then asked me if I would show him the page so that he could listen to more talks. I showed my brother the page and he later told me that he watched every single talk from the Conference in October and all of the talks from the Conference in April in one day! My brother said that he would LOVE if the missionaries would come over to teach him." Elder Millan and I just looked at eachother and we were like "YES!" Elder Millan and I got the address of Claudio and said that we would pass by the house later that day around 6 o'clock. When Elder Millan and I passed by, Claudio had this BIG smile on his face and was carrying around this bag full of tubes. Elder Millan and I talked a little bit more about his expereince and he told us that he was listening to the talk by Elder Nelson from this last October where it always said "ASK THE MISSIONARIES" so he decided to do that!


Elder Russell M. Nelson, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
 
Elder Russell M. Nelson in the October General Conference said,"You may have previously encountered, or even ignored, our missionaries. My hope is that you will not fear them but learn from them. They can be a heaven-sent resource to you. And if you want to know more about life after death, about heaven, about God's plan for you; if you want to know more about the Lord Jesus Christ, His Atonement,and the Restoration of His Church as it was originally established, ask the missionaries! They can help you!"

 Elder Millan and I taught Claudio the Restoration and it brought him to tears in some parts of it. I felt the spirit so strong! Claudio said the prayer to finish the lesson which was one of the most powerful prayers I've ever heard. It was awesome. At that moment, I was just so grateful for that experience and knew that was an answer to my personal prayers that I just need to keep doing what I'm doing and God will always provide!! Dios Proveerá!!

Highlights of the week/Thoughts:

*I got several dearelder letters from family and also a letter from Brooke Stephens in the mail. Getting mail makes me happy! Thank-you for supporting me.

*I had to open my birthday box when I found out I was going to be transferred. I wasn't going to haul that thing around! Thank-you so much for all the gifts, letters and especially I loved the USU football for P-day. Elder Millan and I had some fun looking up the scriptures and trying to guess the present that was inside before opening. Love you! (Saving the cake for the 22nd!)

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,

Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment