Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Walk In The Ways of the Lord"

January 21, 2013

Hey Family and Friends!


Elder Jenson, Elder Arriagada, Elder Millan and Elder Guinazu after Elder Jenson's last day at church in Independencia on January 13, 2013.
 

Elder Jenson saying good-bye to Elder Millan in Independencia just before leaving for the mission office for cambios on January 14, 2013.


Elder Jenson leaving his department building for the last time in Independencia on January 14, 2013. "Living and serving in Independencia was sweet!"
 
 
Elder Lizama, Elder Jenson and Elder Miklich
Elder Jenson meets his new companions in Quilicura for the first time on January 14, 2013 in his new apartment on the 3rd floor. "It's actually pretty nice. I've been lucky these last few changes to live in good places and areas. The only downfall of this apartment is the shower head is broken and water sprays everywhere when you shower."

This week has been a week of miracles. So, basically my whole mission I have been obedient to all of the rules and trying my best to do what's right in every moment of the day. At times I struggled a little bit with getting up on time at 730am every morning and doing good exercises every morning. Sometimes I'd get up at 7:35, 7:40 or if it was a bad day, 7:45. Then, I would walk into the front room to do exercises and just sort of sit in my chair or do a few abdominal exercises and stretch. Getting up was really tough for me, but as soon as I got to studies, I was obedient to every single rule. The only thing that I was really missing was to get up at 7:30am every morning and spend time doing good exercises. Coming into this sector, I prayed a lot, pleading for help to be able to get up on time every single day and to make excercise time count because I was going to be exactly obedient to the missionary handbook. I prayed to be able to do His work and that I was 100 percent willing to do everything in line with His will. During the days, I was saying prayers in my heart to find those that were ready to hear this great message of the gospel, and that I was willing to be an instrument in His hands to bring others to the knowledge of this gospel. I felt a HUGE change in the work this week as my companions and I saw miracle after miracle happen. I felt that the prayers I offered were answered. Elder Lizama, Elder Miklich and I found so many people who are so ready to hear this gospel message and be able to unlock that door to the straight and narrow path by being baptized. I am so happy I made that decision to not "walk in my own ways", but the ways of the Lord. I will NEVER look back and will be perfectly obedient from here on out.

You can see some of the fruits of all of these miracles that happened with the numbers from this week!

bautismos  0

confirmaciones  0

inv con fecha  4 (karen, alberto, rodrigo, fabienne)

inv que asisten a la reunion sac  4 (karen, alberto, flor, armando)

lecciones con miembro  15

otras lecciones  22

inv que estan progresando  2

ref recibidas  6

ref contactadas  9

nuevos investigadores  16

lecciones a cr ma  3

contactos  74

MED 534

Elder Lizama, Elder Miklich and I had 37 lessons in one week!!! I can't even believe it. That's so many lessons. We had 7 lessons in one single day 3 times.  What Elders Lizama, Miklich and I are doing is applying what I learned with Elder McKinley and Elder Millan a lot in this sector. We are also doing a lot of divisions where we have a member of the ward come and accompany us for 3 hours in the night. It's like you have two companionships for 3 hours working in two different parts of the sector.  We had so many appointments that we couldn't cover them all just by ourselves! For example, we had 12 appointments set on Saturday....ONE DAY! We have met so many incredible people who are ready to hear this gospel this week in Quilicura. It has been incredible. The Lord blesses us when we are exactly obedient!

Investigators:

Karen/Alberto (baptismal date for the 10th of Feb.): This is a couple that is actually married!!!! YESSSSS!!! (how mom says it!) It's a little bit complicated, but Alberto works in the mines here in Chile and his schedule is that he works for two weeks out of the house and then he has a week break with the family...so he can only come to church every three weeks...Elders Lizama, Miklich and I are going to have to work with Alberto on that. But Karen is so awesome and is sooo ready to get baptized. Karen is so willing to keep every commandment and be baptized on the 10th of Feb. Elders Lizama, Miklich and I just have to work a little harder with Alberto.

Rodrigo (baptismal date for the 10th of Feb.): One of the miracles this week.  Elders Lizama, Miklich and I were just going to knock on a door of a reference that we received. After knocking the door and there wasn't anyone there, I felt a prompting to knock on the neighbors door.  The first neighbor we knocked was Rodrigo's door. Rodrigo let us in and told us that his wife was LDS, but a little bit inactive. We talked with Rodrigo a bunch and taught the Restoration. At the end of the lesson I felt like I needed to talk about baptism. As I extended Rodrigo a baptismal invitation, he said,"Well....I've never been baptized and I know that I need to do it, so yes!!!" That was so awesome! Rodrigo is so ready to be baptized and apply the gospel in his life. Rodrigo didn't come to church though because he watched movies til 7am in the morning....but his wife came and actually took us to church in her car!!! That was soooo nice to not have to walk. Sunday was the first time she had been to church in a year!

Fabienne (baptismal date for the 17th of Feb.): She's from Haiti and has lived in Chile for 3 yrs and speaks really good Spanish. Fabienne is another miracle! Elders Lizama, Miklich and I found Fabienne last night and after meeting and talking to her for awhile about her fear of baptism, we put her with a baptismal date because she told us before we left that she knows the church is true.

Highlights/Thoughts:

*No letters or packages this week for any of the missionaries. I'm excited for mail day tomorrow (in Quilicura we get our mail on Tuesday's). Great birthday present to hear from family and friends!

*Elder Lizama has to have back surgery back in Mexico. President Essig is calling us this week to give us the details. That's why I was transferred to Quilicura so when Elder Lizama leaves there will be two missionaries.


Elder Jenson and his USU football!
 
*My USU football is so awesome! All the Chileans are loving it and trying their hardest to throw it and play. It's the first time for most of them to ever throw a football.
 
Feliz 20 Cumpleanos el 22 de enero Elder Jenson! 
 
*Familia Atallares (who are in our ward) are having us over for Family Night tonight and to celebrate my birthday. They are inviting a non-member friend to the party so Elders Lizama, Miklich and I can share a gospel message as well as celebrate. It should be a good, fun night tonight of celebrating after we have appointments at 7, 8, and 9! I'll take picts! 


Don't have any more time left! I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love,

Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment