Monday, January 7, 2013

"I'm grateful I was taught right in my home"

January 7, 2013

Hey Family and Friends!!!

I had to download a bunch of music that Elder Millan and Elder Arrigada had today so I don't have as much time to write as I usually do, so you'll have to forgive me! I still love you all!! :)

Logros (Achievements)

bautismos  0

investigadores con fecha  6

investigadores que asisten a la reunion sac  4

lecciones con miembro  4

otras lecciones  20

investigadores que estan progresando  0

ref recibidas  3

ref contectadas  11

nuevos investigadores  11

lecciones a cr ma  8

contactos  90

med 440
 
 
Views of Elder Jenson's Independencia-Carrion 1 Sector from his 10th floor apartment with Cerro Renca in the background. "I have great memories of the time I served in Renca."


Elder Millan and I had a pretty good week this week even though we didn't teach much. Elder Millan and I were focusing our efforts on our converts that are in the Independencia-Carrion 1 sector and teaching them more about the gospel. Elder Millan and I are finding a lot of great people in the sector that really have potential which means that Elder Millan and I have to change our focus and leave some of our investigators that have been in the sector for forever and just aren't progressing. There's so many investigators in the sector that have received answers but aren't willing to act on that answer. It's really sad, but I guess it's just not their time to accept the gospel right now. Junior is still working towards baptism. I'm grateful I was taught right in my home. Elder Millan and I are excited for the week!!

Highlights/Thoughts:

Elder Jenson's kitchen in Independencia-Carrion 1


* Elder Millan and I didn't do anything to celebrate New Years....we went to bed at 1130 just as normal and woke up ready for another year of being a missionary in Chile!

*The Corrion 1 Ward is so great. Elder Millan and I are grateful to have such awesome functioning wards. I've had sweet wards and branches that I've served in while in Chile and am so grateful for this.

*I got lots of letters and a package from Nana and my birthday box from the family this week. I'm waiting to open. Thank-you so much! I love you!



Elder Jenson's scripture study area in his apartment in Independencia-Carrion1


*I continue to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish. This week my favorite scriptures are found in Mosiah.

-14:3-7
-15:7-9, 20
-16:9-He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.
-18:8-10, 16
-21:13-14
-23:10-11, 16-17

Hope all is well and that you all have a great week! I'm happy!

Love,

Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment