Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jesus Christ, Lamb of God

March 11, 2013

Hey Family and Friends!!

 


I can barely even write this letter I'm so happy for Tay and making it to the Final 4!!!!! I'm so proud of Tay I can't stand it. Tears of joy! I wish I could be there to see it, but the Lord has called me to do something even more important that has ETERNAL consequences! I love you bro! I'll definitely be thinking about you.



This week was a good week for Elder Cambroni and I in Vespucio! We have a lot of investigators that have a lot of potential and some that are progressing fairly rapidly. Each day I have the chance to put my nametag on that has my name on it, plus the Lord's and preach this gospel that brings eternal blessings and happiness...NOTHING compares or is better than that! Elder Cambroni and I are starting to get more and more people to church and committed. This is a good feeling as investigators commit to come and then actually show up! The District is doing very well. Hermana Alonso and Hermana Villota baptized two children this week. It was so great to be able to interview them and see their readiness and excitement for baptism. All is well here in Vespucio. Lots of animo!

Logros (Achievements)

bautismos  0

confirmaciones  0

inv con fecha  2

inv que asisten a la reunion sac  3 (Gladis, Sergio and Jose)

lecciones con miembro  9

otras lecciones  12

inv progresando  1

ref recibidas  1

ref contactadas  8

neuvos  inv  8

lecciones a cr ma  8

contactos  74

MED  409

MED (Medida de Eficacia y Diligencia or in English Measurement of Effectiveness and Diligence) has changed in our mission to 15 points for a lesson with a member, 10 points for a lesson without a member, 10 points for a reference contact and 1 point for a contact. I agree that lessons with a member should count for more because members are so necessary and critical in lessons and invaluable in teaching.


President and Sister Essig, Santiago North Mission President
 

 
Elder Walter F. Gonzalez, President of the South America South Area

Elder Cambroni and I finally broke that chain of having 2 investigators attend church. We had Stake Conference this week and our Stake Presidency was changed. Our Mission President gave a talk and also Elder Gonzales (Area President) spoke to us about families. It was so great to be able to hear from them and really feel of the strong spirit they brought. Elder Cambroni and I had to take two busses to get to Stake Conference. 3 investigators of ours came!!   It was great to see their commitment.


Jesus Christ, Lamb of God

So this week, the "flaites" were relentless! They seemed to always be down our backs and it was horrible. Elder Cambroni and I were walking and talking with the mom of a convert that was baptized about a year and a half ago (she's not a member) and all of a sudden two flaites come out of no where running towards us. They completely interrupt our conversation and ask us for one of our pass along cards. Elder Cambroni and I try to continue talking to the mom but the flaites won't go away and continue to mess with us. Then one of the flaites puts the pass along card in my face and starts saying in Spanish, "Yo what's this mean?!" Then he screams curse words at Elder Cambroni and I. He then put the card in my face again and punched me right in the "private"...hard! I didn't do anything. Immediately the scripture in Mosiah came to mind (Mosiah 14:7... He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb so he opened not his mouth.) that talks about why Jesus Christ is called the Lamb of God. It's because when he was beaten, bruised, whipped, crowned with thorns, spit upon etc., he didn't even say a word. That's how lambs are...you bring them to be slaughtered and they don't even make a peep. Then two days later, the same flaite sees Elder Cambroni and I and starts skipping towards us with a grin on his face and a cigarette in his mouth. One of the Hermanas in our ward had just given us a loaf of bread and I had it in my backpack, but it was sticking out a little bit. The flaite skipped up behind me and snatched the bread right out of my backpack. He then skipped away laughing and then came back. He got all serious about how he was going to rob us. In the end, nothing happened!

INVESTIGATORS

 
ORACION=PRAYER


Jose Gallardo is progressing and is doing really well. He has a desire to get baptized and has a baptismal date for the 31st of March. Elder Cambroni and I have to teach him  about the Word of Wisdom (not drinking wine). Jose and his wife Norma are doing well.

Sergio is so ready for baptism. He continues to keep his commitments and has been to church 6 weeks in a row. He went to "pedir la hora" to get married this week so that he can get baptized which will be in June or July! Elder Cambroni and I will be calling around to other registros civiles so that Sergio can make that step of baptism a lot quicker. Pray for Sergio please so that we can make this happen and that he can receive eternal blessings as soon as possible!



The Leiva Navarro family is really well. They attended our ward activity this last Friday night (talent show and a dance afterwards) and had a blast. Elder Cambroni and I were only able to be there for about an hour, but the Navarro family stayed and said that they didn't go home until 11:00 or so. They have read 3 Nephi 11 twice, read the restoration pamphlet and prayed about it. Elder Cambroni and I are going to invite them to be baptized this week. Pray for the Navarro family so that they accept a baptismal date!


Highlights of the week/Thoughts

* I got the St. Paty's package this week! That was really nice of you to send that....I'm especially loving all the stuff from Hawaii! I def have enough treats for the next while :)

* We actually got mail this week. I got 10 dearelders and the package as well as letters from Grandma Jenson, Nana and Papa and the family. It was great to get those letters from you all. I appreciate them so much.

*Elder Cambroni and I are still teaching English classes on Saturday. We had 8 attend this week! It was great to teach English and take that opportunity to share the gospel as well with our "students".



*Our District went to Rebel Golf Center in Santiago for our P-Day activity today and hit a bucket of balls for $5. One club per person....that's golf for you in Chile! Loved every minute!

Well, I hope all is well with you. I know that the family is having the time of your life with Tay doing so well and living the dream on the court. Hope you have a great time and that I hear that Legend is in the finals this week and then wins!!!


 
"Thanks for your support. I'm more than happy here in Chile!"


Love,

Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment