Monday, March 4, 2013

THINK IT, BELIEVE IT and then just DO IT!

March 4, 2013

Hey Everyone!!


Elder Jenson at Zone Conference learning and enjoying being a missionary in Chile!

This has been such a great week! Finding so many people to hear the gospel and being a part of this great work. Elder Cambroni and I taught tons of lessons this week just being a companionship and not a trio. It was awesome to spend the week testifying to the people of Chile eternal truths the whole day, every day this week!!

Logros (Achievements)

bautismos  0

confirmaciones  0

inv con fecha  3

inv que asisten a la reunion sac  2 (AHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

lecciones con miembro  8

otras lecciones  20

inv que estan progresando  1 (Jose Gallardo)

ref recibidas  5

ref contactadas  10

nuevos  inv  14

lecciones a cr ma  7

contactos  62

MED  442


Welllll, as you can see, lots of our investigators lost their baptismal date this week. Elder Cambroni and I dropped a few investigators who just aren't willing to progress and keep their commitments which was sad. Then, there were a bunch of our investigators that committed to come to church and just didn't! Elder Cambroni and I will have a powerful lesson with them this week and commit them like never before to Come unto Christ and receive that FULLNESS of the gospel. Elder Cambroni and I found many people to teach this week. It will be great for us to see who are the chosen ones and who are going to make the decision to progress.

There are two more companionships in my district besides Elder Cambroni and I.

 
Elder Barlow is from Salt Lake City and has been in the CSN Mission since June 2012.
 
 
Elder Alvarez is from southern Chile and has been in the CSN Mission since July 2012.
 
 
Sister Alonso is from Argentina and has been a CSN missionary since October 2011 and Sister Villota is from Columbia. It's definitely been a little different serving as a District Leader. More responsibility and leadership (that I don't even feel worthy of giving only being out 9 months in the mission), than being a senior companion. There are a lot more worries than your own sector and investigators. Kind of overwhelming, but good for me!

This week I want to talk about something a little bit different that can make a difference in our prespective on life and what we can achieve here as sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. In the past few months, I've been listening to a lot of talks from leaders in the church, inspirational speakers etc. I have learned a TON. I usually listen to the talks in the night time and have really learned a lot about who I really am and how I can use that knowledge to create success in my mission. I also keep gaining and learning ideas from others that have a lot more experience than me and it has been great to apply that to the work as well. Here are a few (of the many) talks that I have listened to lately that I HIGHLY recommend....

a. Mormon Channel: everything creative: interview with Alex Boye (if you go to lds.org and type in the search bar "mormon channel alex boye" i think its the second thing that pops up)


Alex Boye said, "We need to let go of our E-G-O's where we Edge God Out. We cannot survive in this world without His influence in our lives." 

b. Hyrum Smith- Self Worth (I'm pretty sure this is where dad got his "is it nice, is it true, and is it necessary" idea)

 
 
Hyrum Smith said, "If your self-worth is based on anything other than your relationship with Christ, you are in big trouble."

c. Brad Wilcox-His Grace is Sufficient

 
Brad Wilcox said, "God's grace is divine power to help us with all of our shortcomings and is available to us at all times."


d. Hugh B. Brown


-God is the Gardener-"God is the gardener here. He knows what he wants you to be."
-Profile of a Prophet- "John, the disciple of Jesus declared, "the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy" (Revelation 19:10). And if he had the spirit of prophecy, he was a prophet."

 
I KNOW that if you listen to these talks (or interviews), that your perspective on life will change at least a little bit. It changed my perspective a TON. I hope you will take the time to listen to these and let it change your life as it has mine. I just got done listening to the interview with Alex Boye, the famous singer and member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and it made me tear up how powerful and inspirational it was. We each have the potential and the capacity to be anyone we want to be. We just have to THINK IT, BELIEVE IT and then just DO IT!

Highlights/Thoughts:

*Didn't get any dearelders or packages this week. I think the system was down.

*I will take a few more pics this week of the church and a little bit of the streets in my sector if I can and not get my camera stolen :)

*That's awesome that Tay's team made it to the Sweet 16! Tell him good luck for me and to take it to Chatfield this week to be able to go on to the Elite 8!

*Your trip pictures looked awesome!!!....but I think I still win being here in Chile preaching the gospel:)

*Thanks for supporting me, it means alot! Love you!!

Espero que usteded tengan una buena semana. Sepan que les amo a todos ustedes!!

Love ,

Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment