Tuesday, October 8, 2013

"Now is the time!!"

October 8, 2013

Hey everyone!!!

 
Elder Jenson's Lo Prado 2 Ward having lunch in between Sunday Conference sessions October 6, 2013. "It was soooo good! It was like a little picnic on ping pong tables haha :)"


Hope you all had a great General Conference!! I know I sure did! It was another awesome weekend listening to the Prophet and Apostles in our day instruct us about what we need to do in this wicked world to be able to overcome the obstacles, jump the hurdles, avoid the potholes and come out victorious in the end. I love listening to them. They have such keen minds and are so in tune with the Spirit. I agree with Thomas Monson when he said, "Now is the time!!" It's time to kick it in gear and talk to EVERYONE we can come in contact with about this incredible gospel that's the only thing that brings us true happiness. He was talking even more to the members than to us as missionaries!! It's time to hasten the work of our Almighty God and prepare the way for our Savior Jesus Christ's Second Coming. It is near and we need to give everyone one last chance to soften their hearts and change their ways to follow Jesus Christ in all they do. I love what Christ said to His disciples right before he carried out the most important sacrifice in all of eternity, the atonement..."be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)" I also want to add to that..."Let no man be afraid! (D&C 103:27)" We cannot be afraid to share this gospel. I have developed that attribute on my mission being able to speak with anyone we come in contact with...I didn't know how to do it before my mission. I wish I would've developed that before, but I can't live in the past, just make up for it now. Invite your neighbors. Invite your friends. Invite your teachers. Invite your relatives. Invite the old lady crossing the street. It doesn't matter! Just do it. Open your mouth No excuses.

There are 7 times in the D &C that says we should OPEN OUR MOUTHS:

Doctrine and Covenants 33:9-Yea, open your mouths and spare not, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your backs, for lo, I am with you.

Doctrine and Covenants 33:8-Open your mouths and they shall be filled, and you shall become even as Nephi of old, who journeyed from Jerusalem in the wilderness.

Doctrine and Covenants 30:11- And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you. Amen

Doctrine and Covenants 33:10- Yea, open your mouths and they shall be filled, saying: Repent, repent, and prepare ye the way of the Lord, and make his paths straight; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand

Doctrine and Covenants 30:5- Behold, I say unto you,(your name here)...for the time has come that it is expedient in me that you shall open your mouth to declare my gospel; therefore, fear not...

Doctrine and Covenants 71:1- Behold, thus saith the Lord unto you my servant (your name here), that the time has verily come that it is necessary and expedient in me that you should open your mouths in proclaiming my gospel, the things of the kingdom, expounding the mysteries thereof out of the scriptures, according to that portion of Spirit and power which shall be given unto you, even as I will.

Doctrine and Covenants 24:12- And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

**What incredible promises that have been given to us if we are valiant enough to listen to the Lord, prophets of old and prophets in our time and open our mouth!


Highlights/Thoughts for the week

Sorry no email yesterday...we had Zone Conference!

3 investigators went to one session (benjamin, joan and rafaela), alejandra and susana went to two sessions (still investigators since they haven't been confirmed yet) and anllelina and her family went to one session as well. It was so awesome!!!

CSN update- We are now focusing tons on contacts in our mission! President is asking us to have 140 contacts a week now...10 for every missionary every day. Yesterday we had 4 hours of proseliting time since we had our Zone Conference. I was still able to talk with 10 people! I'm focussing on helping Elder Breed meet his 10 per day this week.

Elder Breed and I were able to find 10 investigators this last week!!! That's huge for us since it was a short week because of Conference. Of those 10 new investigators, Benjamin went to Conference and has a baptismal date for the 10th of November. Benjamin is 10 yrs old and is so excited to be going to church every Sunday, reading and praying.

Uncle Stephen is such a goof....always with his red beard

Pretty cool you got some pictures of USU mom!!!

Tell Andrew I loved seeing him in Papa's "missionary suit". That was cool!! Tell em I love em!

We're going to the Zoo again as a District activity today!!! Should be fun.

Our investigators are doing so well!!!! Don't have time to write about them, but Rafaela should be baptized this Saturday! Pray for her!

Fav talk in General Conference was by Elder Ballard!!! Motivated me a lot!

I finally received letters and packages...Got family package with memory card and also the one that Michael Horsley family sent me. Thank you so much! Love you all!

Hope you all have a great week!!!! And don't forget....OPEN YOUR MOUTHS!!

Love,
Elder Jenson

No comments:

Post a Comment