Monday, December 2, 2013

RAFAELLA GOT BAPTIZED!

November 25, 2013

Hey Everyone!!!

 
Elder Jenson getting ready for the Open House in Lo Prado 2 Ward November 23, 2013


Ok, so I'm literally sooooo beat tired from so much work that Elder Breed and I did this week to get this sweet Open House activity ready, had interviews with Pres Essig, going and renewing my visa to be legal here in Chile (getting up at 6am instead of 730am like usual two days in a row), and also RAFAELLA GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!! There was so much that happened this week!!

All I could think about this week was the activity and just hoping that the Lord would help us and we could just kill it. I think I used 150 minutes this week just calling everyone to plan and confirm everything for the activity. It was literally insane. I would lay in bed at night just planning and thinking about new or better ideas and then write them down so I wouldn't forget. Elder Breed and I had our Open House activity where we did tours of our church from 4-7pm! It was so awesome cuz every organization made a stand and display and presented what their organization was about for 2-3 minutes each. We had footsteps going from each organization room to another with different colors which was pretty entertaining. After that part of the tour we finished with a video of the Old Testament about the prophets which ended with the story of Joseph Smith. After the video, we took the groups to the cultural hall to show them all about the lesson pamphlets, mormon.org cards, family history, photos, reference table and obviously the food :) We were literally in the church from 8am til 11am cleaning so that it was all organized and presentable. From 11-1pm we put up all the stands and spent time finishing up odds and ends with the members. From 1-2pm we had a nice hour break to eat lunch. From 2-4pm we finished setting up everything with all the organizations, projector for the video on the stage, footprints etc. From 4-7pm was the activity. 25 NON-MEMBERS came to our activity and took the tour!!The members were pumped up because they said that an Open House had been done twice already but there had only been 4 or 5 visitors. This time it was 5 times that with 25 visitors. Hno Facondi (Bishop's 1st Counselor) told Elder Breed and I that there hadn't been a really well done activity from the missionaries in a really long time and thanked us for all our hard work. That was great!! After the Open House we cleaned up everything and got the baptism all ready to go. It went great and Rafaella was beaming!!! Elder Breed and  I stayed til 915 cleaning up everything and then we went to Rafaella's house to celebrate!! Amaro (Rafaella's cousin) took our tour at the Open House and saw the baptism and told us that because of the activity and baptism, he wants to be baptized as well!!! There's only two weeks left til Amaro's baptism!!!! Elder Breed and I are excited for him.

 

Elder Jenson, Rafaella, Leo and Elder Breed at Rafaella's baptism in Lo Prado 2 on November 23, 2013

On Sunday the Lord blessed us even more!!! Rafaella got confirmed and then there was the Primary presentation. When Sacrament was over I realized there was a mom (Veronica) and son (Benjamin) behind us that I didn't know. I went up to them and introduced myself. Veronica told me that she was a less active member but wanted to come back to church again. Benjamin really loved the Primary presentation and told me he was 9 years old. I asked him if he had been baptized a member of the church and he said that he hadn't yet...a few moments later in silence he was like...when can I get baptized?!?! I was like well we're going to pass by your house tonight to talk about that!! We did and Benjamin was literally waiting for Elder Breed and I on the couch. We talked about how baptism works and Benjamin accepted the 22nd of Dec. as his date for baptism!!! So sweet!!

 
 
Rafaella and her family support at her baptism on November 23, 2013 in Lo Prado 2



Thoughts/Highlights of the week:

Not sure if this is my last week in Lo Prado 2! Transfer week

Got my Christmas packages but still no Thanksgiving package :(

Good job Tar and Tal for your Young Women's talks :)

Love being a missionary!

Thanks for your prayers and support. I'm lovin life!


Hope you all have a great week. I love you all!!!

Elder Jenson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment