Tuesday, April 9, 2013

DON'T SEE MEN AS THEY ARE BUT WHAT THEY CAN BECOME!

April 8, 2013

Hey All!



General Conference was so awesome! I've never been so excited for a General Conference in my whole life! I could feel the spirit so strongly in anticipation for it. Elder Cambroni and I watched General Conference (which included Priesthood Meeting on Saturday night from 9-11pm!) in our Stake Center, all in Spanish and I understood everything! There were so many great messages by apostles of the Lord as well as Setenta (70) and obviously the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson.

 
President Thomas S. Monson
President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints


The prophet's talk on obedience was amazing. It really put obedience in perspective for me and how its very simple...we need to love the Lord and obey His commandments.


 There's no other way. "There is no need for you or for me, in this enlightened age when the fulness of the gospel has been restored, to sail uncharted seas or to travel unmarked roads in search of truth. A loving Heavenly Father has plotted our course and provided an unfailing guide—even obedience. A knowledge of truth and the answers to our greatest questions come to us as we are obedient to the commandments of God.-President Monson"

 I also loved the talk by President Uchtdorf about the light of Christ.


President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Second Counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
 

This is “the Spirit of Jesus Christ,” which gives “light to every man that cometh into the world” (Doctrine and Covenants 84:45–46).
 
 
Elder Craig A.Cardon of the Seventy
 
The talk by Elder Cardon (70) was incredible on forgiveness and that God really has a desire to forgive us for our sins, we just have to do the necessary steps to receive that gift. "We need to develop the capacity to not see men as they currently are but what they can become."
 
 
 
 
 "Very uplifting Conference for me personally and a blessing."
 
 

Logros (Achievements for 5 days)

bautismos  0

confirmaciones  0

inv con fecha  4 (alejandro, veronica, cristian gonzalez, sergio)

inv en la reunion sac  3

lecciones con miembro  3

ortas lecciones  13

inv progresando  1

ref recibidas  4

ref contactadas  7

nuevos inv  6

lecciones a cr ma  4

contactos  53

MED  298


Soooo Elder Cambroni and I had tons of investigators committed to come to Conference this weekend but almost everyone flaked on us. I thought for sure we were going to have like 10 investigators attend Conference. We called and called, left notes for all of our investigators under their doors, talked about it all week in our lessons and 3 came to the Conference.

Investigators

Sergio Naranjo: He is progressing sooooo well. It's been great to be able to teach him. Sergio went to the Priesthood session and the Sunday morning session at the church and watched the other sessions at home with his future wife Danitza! Sergio went to the AMM to buy the triple combination with the leather cover, downloaded church music from lds.org which he listens to in his car and is ALWAYS so excited for Elder Cambroni and I to come by because he just has that hunger to learn. Sergio told us in our last lesson with him that he was talking with one of his neighbors and all of a sudden he felt this strong desire to share the gospel. Sergio is one of the investigators that we just dream about as missionaries! I'm so excited to see him in white and be baptized by the authority of God the 5th of May!!

The Leiva Navarro Family: Elder Cambroni and I haven't found them at home for over two weeks! I'm reallllly hoping they're really busy or randomly went on vacation or something. I want to keep teaching this incredible family! Pray for them.

Fam Barramuno: Sooooo Elder Cambroni and I called them about an hour before the last session on Sunday (the one they committed to come to) and Janina (the mom) said that they were just waiting on Pedro (the dad) and then they would be off to Conference. They never showed up...kinda sad, but that's ok. Elder Cambroni and I will just keep giving them more chances to feel of the spirit in our lessons during their process of searching for an answer from God.

Cristian Gonzales: He's about 22 yrs old. Elder Cambroni and I found him doing contacts. When we entered the house, he showed immediate interest. It was a great lesson full of the spirit that ended in a baptismal date for the 5th of May :)

Highlights/Thoughts of the Week:

1. Elder Weigel and I did an exchange in my sector this week. We had a great day teaching 5 lessons together just like old times.


Elder Weigel and Elder Jenson on an exchange in Vespucio April 2013..."just like old times!"
 
 


Elder Weigel and Elder Jenson as companions in Renca August 2012
 
 
2. Still no Easter package but LOTS of love in letters from the family, Grandma, Nana and Papa. :)
 
3. I'm in Ether 6 in my Spanish scriptures. My goal is to finish el Libro de Mormon this week!

 
 
4. I'M GOING TO THE SANTIAGO TEMPLE FOR THE FIRST TIME APRIL 17!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait...I'm so excited! :)
 
 
Santiago Chile Temple
 
 
5. I'm happy!


I don't have any more time! Thank-you for your love and support. Gotta download some of those Conference talks and.....




Love,

Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment