Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Santiago Chile Temple="Dream Come True!"

April 17, 2013

Hey Everyone!

 
Santiago Chile Temple and the Chilean Flag..."Dream come true today!"


This week was so incredible! I don't even know where to start! It was like every single day, the Lord was using Elder Cambroni and I as instruments in His hands and guided us to those that were ready to hear this gospel. I love being a part of this work!

Logros (Achievements)

bautismos  0

confirmaciones  0

inv con fecha  2

inv que asisten a la reunion sac  2

lecciones con miembro  7

otras lecciones  14

inv que estan progresando  1

ref recibidas  8

ref contactadas  10

nuevos inv  7

lecciones a cr ma  9

contactos  74

MED  419



Elder Jenson in the back of the Santiago Chile Temple April 17, 2013


So, today the Independencia Zone (14) and the Zapadores Zone (12) total of 26 missionaries went to the Santiago Chile temple. We took an underground METRO 11 stations and then walked the rest of the way. It took us about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get there. Not bad at all! We were able to attend one session and then had to head back to our mission. The Santiago Chile temple is in the East Mission boundaries so we are only allowed to attend the temple once a year. Dream come true! The Santiago temple is a pretty small temple but the same strong spirit is felt. I was so anxious and ready for the temple to be able to do the session in Spanish. We got to the temple early so we could take a few photos and then entered the session.


Entrance of the Santiago Chile Temple April 17, 2013

I was able to understand almost all of the session but there were a few little details toward the end that were a little harder to understand. Throughout the session I was overcome by the spirit many times and was brought to tears. Incredible feeling that is only found in the temple and no where else. As I finished the session and entered the last room, it was completely silent. I felt the most peace and calmness I've ever felt. I absolutely loved it. The temple was AWESOME! Definitely never going to forget that temple experience for the rest of my life!


Elder Cambroni and Elder Jenson anxiously awaiting to enter the Santiago Chile Temple for the first time on April 17, 2013

Our investigator, Sergio, is still planning on being baptized after his marriage on the 4th of May. This week however, he was having quite a few problems with his pareja and kept calling Elder Cambroni and I in the night to see if he could talk with us about it. It got to the point where Sergio asked us if he could get baptized without having to get married...bad. As Elder Cambroni and I met with Sergio throughout the week, it felt as if the Lord was giving him council through us. That was an incredible feeling. Sergio kept telling Elder Cambroni and I that he felt a lot more calm and full of the spirit as he asked us for advice and help. I was a marriage counselor this week and I'm a 20 yr old single guy...nice. Sergio and Danitza are now doing well and are ready to get married in a few weeks.

This last weekend was fast and testimony meeting and Elder Cambroni and I fasted especially for our investigators and also that we might be able to be directed to those ready for this gospel. We felt our fasting and prayers answered almost immediatley as right after sacrament meeting, one Hermano from our ward said that one of his neighbors was investigating the church for years, then decided he didn't want to get baptized because he wasn't ready to make that step. Recently, he told this same member that he was ready for the missionaries to come to his house and teach him the lessons so he could get baptized!! I was so excited. I couldn't even see straight!! That night, Elder Cambroni and I were walking in route to our house and this same member yelled for us to come over to him. We went over to see what was the matter. This member was talking with a lady who was just sobbing like crazy. She said that there were all kinds of problems in her life (work is really tough, doesn't have any money, her electricity was cut off in her house, her kids are always in the street, etc.). I bore my testimony to her as tears welled in my eyes about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how our oldest brother knows everything we are going through. We just need to search for Him in our lives. Elder Cambroni and I passed by her house last night as that same member of the church accompanied us to our lesson. I brought a flashlight so that Elder Cambroni and I could share a message. I've felt the spirit very few times stronger than I did last night. Viviana said she felt "calor" in her chest, something that she'd never felt or experienced before. I was overwhelmed with excitement and really a feeling of love for her and a desire to help one of my sisters on the path of righteousness. Viviana shared with Elder Cambroni and I the whole story while we taught her. Viviana said that earlier in the week  when she was on her way home on the bus she was brutally crying and people kept trying to see what was wrong and comfort her but she wanted nothing to do with what they were saying. Viviana said that she was fervently praying for the Lords help so that the Lord would show her the path that she needed to follow to be able to overcome all of her grief and be happy. Viviana just wanted to get home and hug her kids and everything would be ok. Then, when she got off the bus, Hermano Mancilla (the member) saw her (they're neighbors) and said that he would come over and fix the table that she wanted him to fix (he had told Viviana that he'd fix a table of hers awhile ago but never got to it, but felt prompted to approach Viviana today). Hermano Mancilla went over to Viciana's house to get the table and they started talking. Viviana told him everything that had just happened and started to cry and didn't know what to do. Hermano Mancilla talked about the church and that he believed that was her answer. Hermano Mancilla then told us that he was just praying in his heart as he was talking to Viviana about the church that somehow, miraculously, Elder Cambroni and I would show up. After he offered that prayer in his head, there we were walking by the street they were on and that's when he yelled for Elder Cambroni and I to come over to meet Viviana....what an amazing story!!! The Lord has such a PERFECT plan for this work and for His children to find the gospel and the path to eternal life. I love this gospel!


Highlights/Thoughts of the week:

1. I got my Easter package full of favorite treats and loooooove! Thanks for always thinking of me and wanting me to feel loved in Chile...mission accomplished!



2. "Thanks Lauren for your Easter drawing you sent me. <3"



3. "Thanks Buddy (Will) for your Easter picture. Love you!"



4. Thanks Nana and Papa and the family for your letters this week...it means ALOT!

5. Don't need new shoes...my shoes are so comfortable, just a little worn on the bottom and the sides from walking every day for 10 1/2 months.

6. Crazy that Seth and Megan had their baby. Thanks for sending me a picture. I loved seeing my new cousin.

Elder Jenson's new cousin Samuel Crew Jenson born April 7, 2013


7. And.....of course I'm happy! :)


Elder Jenson and the Zone Zapadores at the Santiago Chile Temple April 17, 2013

I don't have any more time! I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love hearing from everyone and really appreciate your letters and love.

Love,

Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment