Monday, April 1, 2013

THERE ARE NO EXCUSES FOR NOT SHARING THE GOSPEL!

March 25, 2013

Hey Family and Friends!

 
Elder Jenson and the Zapadores (Vespucio) District at a weekly Zone meeting


So there were changes today.......but Elder Cambroni and I will be in Vespucio for at least another 6 weeks together!! Elder Cambroni and I are excited to continue working together for another 6 weeks. This week was a very good week in Vespucio. Elder Cambroni and I were able to involve the members a lot in our lessons. A highlight for me was seeing the members in the ward and our investigators we are teaching become friends. Elder Cambroni and I have 7 investigators that we are really focusing on this change and plan to make daily contact with them as it says in Preach My Gospel. Even though it was pretty difficult at the beginning when I arrived in Vespucio (Elder Cambroni had been in Vespucio for a week and a half) not having a lot of investigators or much to go with, we've been working really hard every day and I feel like this change together will bear lots of fruits.

Logros (Achievements)

Bautismos  0

Confirmaciones  0

Inv con fecha  3

Inv que asisten a la reunion sac  8

Lecciones con miembro  12

Otras lecciones  11

Inv que estan progresando  2

Ref recibidas  3

Ref contactadas  8

Nuevos investigadores  10

Lecciones a cr ma  12

Contactos  12

MED  442

It was sooooooooo awesome to have 8 investigators in church this week! So, Elder Cambroni and I knew that we needed to do something different so that more of our investigators would come to church. We just couldn't figure out what it was. We'd been praying all week trying to figure out what we could do to help our investigators take a leap of faith and come to church. When I was praying and thinking about what we should do, an idea popped into my head that Elder Cambroni and I needed to be a little more creative and step out of our normal routine. To be more creative, I made some invitations (churches) out of printer paper and wrote individual notes on each one of the churches inviting our investigators to church with our names and phone number on it. Elder Cambroni and I dropped by all of the houses and personally left the invitations at their houses by putting them under doors or using tape to tape them up on their fence to their house. Not all of our investigators came but some did!!!! It was great to have the idea pop into my head. I'm so grateful for the spirit that "ilumino mi entendimiento." :)  The spirit rocks!


Elder Jenson got creative this week by designing personalized investigator invitations to come to church..."It worked! We had 8 investigators attend church this week!"

It was also great to be able to give a talk in my ward this week. I talked about missionary work and the importance of it. My whole talk was based on the last part of Chapter 1 in Preach My Gospel where all the prophets of this last dispensation have written their personal quotes on missionary work. I read about 6 of the quotes and made personal comments on them and then shared with the ward my feelings about when I sometimes think about what life will be like after this earthly life and who I would like to spend eternity with. Obviously we need to share the gospel with everyone we meet, but thinking of who I want to spend eternity with gives me the added energy I need to be sharing the gospel with everyone even more. I then told everyone in the congregation to imagine after this life if one of your close friends that you didn't share the gospel with came up to you and asked you very sadly...."Why didn't you share the gospel with me?" Then after thinking for a few seconds while trying to figure out an excuse for why, you can only mutter out,"I don't know." THERE ARE NO EXCUSES FOR NOT SHARING THE GOSPEL! It doesn't matter if you're scared, it doesn't matter if you work late at night, it doesn't matter if you're tired....this is the MOST important responsibility that we have as members of His church.....Share the Gospel!! I felt overcome and full of the spirit as I gave this talk. I felt like at times I wasn't even thinking but words were flowing out of my mouth. Cool feeling!! Many members came up to me and told me that I did a really good job. That was nice of them.

Investigators:

Sergio is doing very well. Elder Cambroni and I set a goal for baptism with him for the 5th of May, the day after he gets married and he readily accepted. Elder Cambroni and I just have to teach Follow the Prophet with Sergio to finish up all the lessons and he'll be ready for baptism. Right before baptism, we'll briefly review all the lessons again with him. Sergio has been to church 8 times in a row!!

The Leiva Nararro family is doing soooo well. The parents (Alejandro and Veronica) have a baptismal date for the 28th of April. They readily accepted the date. They're progressing really fast! I felt this week that I needed to put their baptismal date more in the future because we can only teach them once a week and they haven't had the opportunity to come to church yet, but they said that si o si (you can take it literally and figure this one out, yes or yes, but in Chile it means definitely or like theres no way that they are going to not come to church). They committed to come to church this week. Elder Cambroni and I are excited for their progress.

Elder Cambroni and I found a 26 yr old young lady named Ariadne this week. She's so great. We taught Lesson 1 with Ariadne and she learned and understood really quickly. Stay tuned for her!!

Jose and Norma are doing well and both came to church this week! The only thing is that Elder Cambroni and I found out that they're not married....We'll see what they say when we teach the Law of Chastity this week.

Rene Torres is doing well but didn't attend church. His work doesn't let him. Rene is looking into changing his work from only working Saturday and Sunday to Monday through Friday. We'll see how that goes!

Highlights/Thoughts of the week:

1. Our Zone Zapadores achieved the "norma de excelencia" award so we will be enjoying a nice game of soccer and breakfast on the mission this coming Saturday morning. Excited for that :)

2. The flaites like to come up behind me and jump on me now with their cigarettes in hand....nice!

3. I don't need anything now. Shoes are holdin up with a little bit of super glue :)

4. It was so great to read about the Savior's ministry in the Americas this week. I only had a chance to read about 8 chapters this week because I was preparing my talk. Every day I feel like the Lord is giving me even more "light" when I read the scriptures so that I can be prepared to share what I learn with my investigators. It's awesome!

5. I love teaching English on Saturday's!


Elder Jenson, Daniela, Kathalina, Vanessa and Elder Cambroni. 3 gals (dad's word) that come regularly to our Saturday English class.
 
6. Having our weekly Zone meeting where I teach a class for 45 minutes, we go over President Essig's weekly letter, go over our numbers for the week, baptisms for Sunday and any other news.


7. I received lots of dearelders from the family this week....highlight of my week for sure was hearing from Taylor, Tarryn and Tallyn! Love you guys!

Well, hope you all have a great week on the cruise! Sounds like a blast! I love you and appreciate your support so much!

Love,

Tan



No comments:

Post a Comment